Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Final Post and Evaluation

So this will be it for the blog, my science communication class has concluded, and I will be graduating in 9 days!  It has been really fun managing this blog for the last 4 months, and it has opened me up to a whole world of blogging that I really didn't know about.  I also learned a lot about genetics and all the ethical issues surrounding the field.  Maybe someday you will see a GM label on your corn, or see a home genetics test in your cabinet, and be reminded of this blog.

I think I found my engaging voice pretty early on in the blogging experience, and tried to carry it through most of my posts.  I ended up with a total of 22 not counting this one, and this last blogging period I was about 4 posts short of the two a week mark.  I started running out of ideas and enthusiasm for findings new things to write about, as I beat GM foods into the ground pretty good.  I was pretty consistent commenting on others blogs, probably hitting 3 or 4 posts a week with a comment. 

Anyways a special thanks to Jen, my professor, good luck with the class next year!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,

    I do not know if you are keeping tabs on this blog, but if you are then I would like very much to make contact with you regarding a new theory of evolution which explains how Darwinian micro evolution is wrong and has failed to support fossil findings (both macro and molecular.

    If you are interested, you can read the paper by geneticist Eugen McCarthy at http://www.macroevolution.net/support-files/forms_of_life.pdf

    If you would like to discuss this theory, I would very much appreciate email communication - you can reach me using derek at execsec dot co dot uk

    Regards

    Derek Smith

    ReplyDelete



  2. i study biolgy



    :i think have a very strong evidence for design in nature



    a) we know that a self replicate robot that made from dna need a designer

    b) the ape is a self replicate robot





    a+b= the ape need a designer



    or even a self replicat watch.the evolution side always say that a watch need a designer because it cant self rplicat. so if we will find a self replicat watch we need to say that is made by itself





    ?plus: if a self replicate car cant evolve into an airplan, how can a bacteria can evolve into human



    the evolution say that small steps for milions years become a big steps. but according to this a lots of samll steps in self replicat car (with dna) will evolve into a airplan.

    but there is no step wise from car to airplan



    evolution say that common similarity is evidence for common descent. but according to this 2 similar self replicat car are evolve from each other









    according to evolution a car can evolve in a close room, beacuse a human can evolve in a close room and make a car







    check those interesting sites





    http://www.evolutionnews.org/2013/07/freedom_from_re074701.html



    http://creation.com/





    what you think? yours, gil

    ReplyDelete